6/10/09

SIGNS of the Times--June 10


This unassuming "Signs Mean Business" message has double relevance for me...Not only did I spy it on the day I began collecting signs to share with you all, but it also reminds me of a great sign of which i didn't get a photo. That one was advertising an upcoming concert and was in the famous typeface and colors of the overnight delivery company, but this one advertised the performer: FredEx!



On the other hand, some signs mean no business...like this one from Downtown Northampton, MA. Apparently, no new knowledge was welcome that day.











And finally, here's a creative psychological appeal for tips from a coffee shop in Brattleboro, VT. It reads: "Fear Change? Leave Yours Here"

(The type is obscured because I was so excited about the impending start of the "Strolling of the Heifers" parade that i couldn't keep the camera still)

Stay tuned for more signs of the times, or share yours through the comment function of this blog.—P.B.





1 comment:

Bill A. said...

I might have to yoink that CFNK sign-- brilliant...